Consultant Emergency Medicine - Melbourne, VIC
Salary Type: $460,000 salary package excluding shift penalties and or allowances!!
Looking for a lifestyle change or a career change? Here you will enjoy spectacular stretches of coastline, fantastic beaches, and ocean views!! PLUS, great financial rewards!!
- $460,000 salary package excluding shift penalties and or allowances!!
- Great earning potential + allowances and relocation support
- Opportunity to be exposed to a broad case mix.
- Affordable housing options, excellent schools, and friendly community
Work as an Emergency Medicine Specialist and provide emergency clinical services to patients across the region.
- You will work closely with the Emergency Medicine Clinical Director
- You will assist in the ongoing monitoring and review of the trauma system and trauma response of the hospital.
- You will be involved in quality and risk management activities, development of relevant policies and procedures, and ongoing Quality Improvement and Clinical Risk Management activities of the Emergency Medicine service.
- You will assist the Clinical Director in providing an appropriate teaching program and to ensure the supervision of clinical practice and training of undergraduates and postgraduates within the emergency department.
- You will promote the standing and operation of the service by representing the service at intra hospital and inter hospital committee meetings and working parties, as delegated by the Clinical Director
The health service has recently undergone a major capital redevelopment and is considered one of the most modern and technologically advanced health services in regional Australia. They are seeking funding for redevelopment which will deliver expanded state of the art theatre facilities and best practice models of care to meet the growing needs of the local community.
This major specialist referral centre comprises 282 beds and provides an extensive range of medical, nursing, mental health, allied health and community health services. The Emergency Department provides 24 hour care to patients across the region 365 days a year. The organisation is the regional centre to Victoria’s Great South Coast and serves a population of 34,000 and a catchment of 110,000.
The region is characterised by a major population centre in the city, larger provincial centres, and numerous smaller townships. A large part of the region is rural and remote agricultural land that sustains a mixture of farming activities. This is a vibrant, growing coastal regional centre, located 262 kilometres from Melbourne, a popular choice for those opting for a ‘sea change’ in life.
The town has a population of over 33,380 with a catchment in excess of 110,000 and is a popular seaside resort. The city boasts excellent sporting, education (pre-school to university), social and cultural facilities. The towns award winning foreshore promenade is a 5.7km path that stretches from the breakwater along the coastline to the River mouth.
With spectacular stretches of coastline, fantastic beaches and ocean views, beautiful parks and gardens, seaside walking and bike trails, visiting whales, notorious shipwrecks, unique volcanoes, great food, exhilarating sports and a thriving city centre!
You will enjoy benefits such as:
Excellent salary packaging options including meals & entertainment, novated leasing and additional superannuation contributions.
Internal and external professional development opportunities
Friendly and supportive work environment.
- FACEM or equivalent – Specialist registration with AHPRA to practice as a EM Consultant.
- Has broad experience in Emergency Medicine to enable confident clinical practice in a regional area.
- Has effective communication, conflict management and team building skills.
- Has experience in and a positive attitude relating to the training needs of junior medical staff.
How do I Apply?
Please forward your resume to Nicki Wade at email@example.com.
For more information about this and other opportunities call Nicki on +61 401010048.,