Consultant Forensic Psychiatrist - Picturesque South Region, Tasmania - Tasmania, TAS
Salary Type: $350,000 - $500,000 p.a. + generous relocation allowance
What’s on offer…
- A package of $350,000 – $500,000 p.a. + generous relocation allowance for the family
- 40-hour working week, allowing time to relax and discover all the region has to offer
- Tasmania’s gorgeous south region – boasting picturesque waterways, stunning landscapes, a large outdoor market, magnificent botanical gardens, historical landmarks, and old sandstone warehouses hosting galleries, theatres and cafes
- Leisure activities to suit all ages including hiking, walking and cycle paths, water activities, caving opportunities, wineries, and great locations for camping and weekend getaways
- Leading private and state-run schools for your child’s education
- Opportunity for a direct entry permanent residency visa
About the role…
This role will see you providing clinical care to mentally ill individuals across a variety of forensic psychiatry settings including a specialist secure inpatient mental health facility, statewide prison services, and community-based services.
Your primary place of work will be in the specialist secure inpatient mental health centre, providing high-quality care to people who are involved in the criminal system. The centre has 35 beds, including high dependency, extended care, and semi-independent living.
Treatment and care plans include rehabilitation programs tailored to the individual, focusing on improved personal functioning, quality of life, and positive interactions within the community. Services are delivered within a multidisciplinary team (MDT) environment comprising psychiatrists, specialist nurses, psychologists, a social worker, an occupational therapist, and various other support staff. Treatment and care plans are developed within a collaborative framework involving the patient, family members, caregivers, the MDT, and other service providers to ensure the best possible outcomes for patients.
Along with providing high-quality treatment and care, your responsibilities will include clinical leadership, and acting in a consultant liaison capacity for other community service providers, GP’s, primary health staff, corrections officers, and court staff. On-call work and some interstate and intrastate travel may also be a requirement of this role.
Relocating to Australia? What support we can offer you…
- Forget Government Job Boards – We know our hospitals. We provide you with exclusive Psychiatrist job vacancies and direct link-ups with Mental Health Dept. Directors
- Our recruitment service is FREE and personalised to your career and location requirements
- Psychiatrist Peer to Peer Group Support with the RANZCP Specialist Assessment and Medical Board Applications
- All Job applications prepared and submitted by our recruitment team.
- Support with enrolling your children into leading private or state schools
- Registered Migration Agent advice and support
Sound Like You?
Contact Jonathan Richards, your Psychiatry Recruitment Specialist to find out more about this role and all it has to offer.
About Jonathan Richards
“I have 15+ years’ experience connecting Psychiatrists with the best job opportunities across Australia. It is my passion and privilege to ensure you are being provided with the best recruitment services available”.Enquire now