Consultant Internal Medicine - Sydney, NSW
Salary Type: Salary package up to $420,000
We a seeking a dedicate Consultant Internal Medicine/Acute Medicine to join this dynamic team. The Health Services is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person-centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary, and community?based health services.
- City living without the traffic.
- Competitive pay rates and excellent working conditions within a tertiary hospital.
- Salary Packaging with many options that provide full fringe benefits tax concessions.
- Flexible working conditions.
- 11.5% Superannuation.
- VISA/Sponsorship for eligible candidates.
- Reimbursement of relocation expenses for interstate candidates (subject to review and approval).
Salary package up to $420,000
Under limited direction of the Clinical Director, you will:
- Provide competent and efficient clinical management of general medical inpatients relevant to the specific area of employment.
- Contribute to general medicine outpatient clinics relevant to the specific area of employment.
- Attend and contribute to medical and multidisciplinary handover sessions, clinical and business meetings.
- Contribute to the clinical governance of the relevant unit by undertaking clinical audit activities, clinical pathway development and demonstrate an active commitment to best clinical practice.
- Contribute to quality assurance, research and postgraduate teaching activities as required.
- Actively engage in quality and safety activities and model of care development for the Department and the Division
- Contribute to the on-call and after-hours roster.
- Undertake other duties appropriate to this level of classification which contribute to the operation of the organisation.
- Strong organisational skills with a high degree of drive
- Adaptability and flexibility to accommodate change and provide responsive services to meet clients’ needs.
- A commitment to practicing holistic medicine that takes into account and is sensitive to a patient’s unique psychological, spiritual and socioeconomic background.
- Ability to liaise effectively with staff at all levels and across disciplines.
This is a diverse speciality with the flexibility to work across complementary areas within the Division including General Medicine and the Acute Medical Unit (AMU).
The Department of General Medicine manages patients with a diverse range of multiple active co-morbidities or undifferentiated illnesses under the age of 80 years that require ongoing inpatient, ward-based hospital care. A busy inpatient service with consultation and outpatient clinic responsibilities.
The AMU is a short-stay ward and unit for adults, designed to deliver timely, evidenced-based and holistic care during the admission phase of medical inpatient care. The AMU is physician-led and has dedicated medical, nursing, allied health and support staff to ensure patients begin their hospital journey with a comprehensive management plan.
Applicants should have had training and experience in Acute and General Medicine or relevant medical sub-specialty. The successful applicant will work in a multidisciplinary clinical environment with a team of nursing, allied health and medical staff, including Advanced and Basic Physician Trainees.
The Hospital is a modern 600+ bed tertiary trauma and referral hospital providing services to a population of 500,000. The hospital provides services in all specialties except major burns, spinal injuries and solid organ transplantation. There are accredited training programs in all major specialties.
This city is extremely clean, tidy, efficient, safe and low crime compared to just about any other city. Very “outdoor” and “environmentally” focused and truly unique in that you have this CBD with excellent work opportunities literally set amongst stunning bush land that is always only a 5 min walk away from anywhere. If you love bushwalking, cycling, exploring, being active etc then it’s a win win.
The climate is favourable – having four seasons is a treat – and the air is fresh, only two hours from the beach, two hours to the snow and a little longer drive for those big city experiences. Direct International flights operating from the local airport, making travelling abroad easy too.
The road network and lack of traffic is just awesome, it’s a pleasure to drive around, you arrive relaxed, calm and not feeling rushed at your destination.
An amazing network of well educated, broad thinking professionals from the universities and local business. There is a thriving start-up and entrepreneurial culture now and many highly successful businesses have been born out of this city because the whole ecosystem and all the support from the Uni’s and government is located right here. The city is full of innovative thinkers.
Awesome restaurant and cafe culture, you have a wonderful array of choice, the city has more restaurants per capita than any other Australian city…
- Up to $55,000 in reimbursement of relocation expenses for permanent and long-term appointments
- Medical Education Expenses allowance reimbursement up to $19,782 per annum
- Generous leave provisions, including up to 4 weeks training/education leave and up to 5 weeks annual leave per annum.
Position Requirements / Qualifications
Be registered or eligible for registration as a medical practitioner with the Australian Health Practitioner’s Regulation Agency, with no conditions, undertakings or reprimands.
Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (preferably with General Medicine accreditation, although relevant specialty accreditation will be considered)
- The successful applicant will need to be available for weekend and after-hours work.
- This service is leading the drive to digitally transform health service delivery in Australia through the implementation of a territory wide Digital Health Record. Computer literacy skills are required which are relevant to this role as you will be responsible for completing required documentation and becoming a proficient user of the Digital Health Record and/or other Information Technology systems; once proficient, you will need to remain current with changes, updates, and contingencies.
- Proven clinical and research experience, skills and attributes that will complement those of the relevant medical unit team to provide evidence-based person-centred care, along with a demonstrated commitment to the maintenance and further development of these skills.
- Demonstrated high-level communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to provide leadership and work as a team member in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to teaching, training, and research at all levels and for all staff including Medical Officers, Nursing, Allied Health, and the general public.
- Demonstrated commitment to clinical governance relevant to the practice of acute hospital medicine including but not limited to audits, research, education, and training.
- Demonstrated understanding of, and adherence to, safety and quality standards, work, health, and safety (WH&S) and the positive patient experience. Displays behaviour consistent with CHS’s values of reliable, progressive, respectful, and kind.
How to Apply:
Please forward your resume to Nicki Wade at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information and a confidential discussion please contact Nicki on 0401010048.