Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon - Queensland, QLD
Salary Type: Total remuneration up to $514,452
We are seeking an Orthopaedic Surgeon to join a supportive team in a beautiful tropical location.
The department caters for a population of about 180 000, in addition to a sizeable number of local and international tourists. The Orthopaedic Department performs approximately 2300 theatre procedures per year, of this, 1500 are Emergency procedures. The Outpatient Department sees approximately 80 patients in the Fracture Clinic and 50 new patients in the Orthopaedic clinic in a week.
You will be assessed on your ability to demonstrate the following key capabilities, knowledge, and experience.
- High level specialist clinical knowledge and understanding of orthopaedic procedures, concepts of human factors and patient safety.
- High level of initiative and decision-making ability to make important clinical decisions on a day-to-day basis.
- Demonstrated ability to provide expert consultancy/advisory services as required both internal and external agencies that are relevant to the health industry.
- Effective time management skills and reliability in meeting deadlines and commitments.
- Demonstrated commitment to provide expert leadership to clinical and service improvement activities to initiate, encourage and participate in research, evaluation and evidence-based oversight aimed at achieving demonstrable improvements in service outcomes within the ethical guidelines of National Health and Medical Research Council.
- Demonstrated ability to provide professional supervision, education, and training to junior medical staff
This is a level 2 hospital – 354 beds with 24-hour cardiac intervention, trauma service, medical specialities including Respiratory, Nephrology, Neurology, Endocrine, Rheumatology, Oncology on site with visiting specialists in other disciplines. A huge variety of pathologies that make the job educational and interesting. Close links with the Universities, with formal appointments for PHO/Registrars as Associate Lecturers.
A vibrant tropical city with proximity to Airlie Beach and the Whitsunday Islands, as well as some of the world’s most beautiful rainforests. Palm fringed beaches and crystal-clear waters are your playground for fishing and water sports. The region also hosts native rainforests that are popular hiking destinations. With an average annual temperature over 26 degrees, the region offers the best of the Australian experience in typical laid back “Aussie Style”
This is one of the fastest growing regions in Queensland, currently a population of approximately 182,000 people in the region. Only an hour’s flight from Brisbane, this region boasts an enviable lifestyle and a buoyant economy with the benefits of a fast-growing coastal city. Its coastal location is complemented by its spectacular natural environment.
Total remuneration up to $514,452
Additional benefits to this role include:
Professional Development Leave 3.6 weeks p.a. Over-time, on-call and recall allowance Paid per occurrence Annual Leave 5 weeks p.a. (required to work on public holidays) 17.5% annual leave loading is paid for 4 weeks leave.
Registration with the Medical Board of Australia with Specialist recognition, and
Fellowship or eligibility for Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS) is highly desirable.
How do I Apply?
Please forward your resume and cover letter to Nicki Wade at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about this and other opportunities and a confidential discussion please contact Nicki Wade on 0401010048