Consultant Psychiatrist - Beautiful South Region - Tasmania - Tasmania, TAS
Salary Type: $350,000 - $500,000 p.a. plus generous relocation allowance
What’s on offer…
- A package of $350,000 – $500,000 p.a. plus generous relocation allowance
- 40-hour working week and a laid-back lifestyle
- Opportunity to be a part of the exciting “Rethink 2020-2025” reform initiatives currently underway to ensure leading edge mental health services across the region
- Australia’s fastest growing city boasting award winning restaurants, a thriving café culture, festivals, arts, entertainment, cultural events, weekend markets and gorgeous heritage buildings
- Leading private and state-run schools for your child’s education
- Permanent residency support
About the role…
Your new psychiatry role will see you working in a beautifully restored historic building offering contemporary mental health services in accordance with the ongoing Tasmanian Mental Health Reform Program. This outstanding mental health centre is located in the south region of Tasmania. It has been co-designed with input from consumers and families and features a brand new highly skilled team, dedicated to delivering quality services and positive patient outcomes.
As the successful applicant you will play a key role in service delivery across acute treatment units and safe havens within an evidenced based, recovery-orientated, and trauma-informed model of care. Additionally, you will be providing clinical leadership to the multidisciplinary team, overseeing clinical governance, and participating in supervisory responsibilities with regard to junior doctors and other medical staff.
About the region…
The island of Tasmania is situated about 240 kilometres south of Australia’s mainland. Its southern region abounds with stunning scenery, beautiful waterways, and captivating experiences sure to appeal to anyone looking for an adventure.
This region is home to the capital city of Hobart, located on the estuary of the Derwent River in the south-east. Hobart is internationally famous for being the finish line of the Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race which starts in Sydney on Boxing Day. The arrival of the yachts coincides with the Hobart Summer Festival, a food and wine festival beginning at the end of December and running through until mid-January. Hobart is also the finish point of the TARGA Tasmania rally car event which is held in April of each year.
The south region has a mild, temperate climate with four distinct seasons. It also has diverse housing options, a range of modern sporting venues, excellent educational facilities including primary and secondary schools, and close proximity to the University of Tasmania. Most public transport within the city area is via an extensive network of public and private bus services. When travelling further throughout the southern region, motorists can explore coastal drives and interesting places including Georgian era towns and villages, historical convict sites, stunning national parks, and spectacular coastal scenery. For those seeking international travel, Hobart International Airport is easily accessible.
The southern region offers something for everyone. You could be hiking or mountain-biking world class trails, enjoying the thriving arts scene, sampling fresh local produce in one of the many divine restaurants or wandering through markets and local boutique shops. Alternatively, you may like to immerse yourself in a line-up of festivals, museums, galleries, live music and theatre, or simply unwind on a gorgeous beach. Whatever your interests, the south region is sure to deliver!
Relocating to Australia? What support we can offer you…
- Forget Government Job Boards – We know our hospitals. We provide you with exclusive Psychiatrist job vacancies and direct link-ups with Mental Health Dept. Directors
- Our recruitment service is FREE and personalised to your career and location requirements
- Psychiatrist Peer to Peer Group Support with the RANZCP Specialist Assessment and Medical Board Applications
- All Job applications prepared and submitted by our recruitment team.
- Support with enrolling your children into leading performing private or state schools
- Registered Migration Agent advice and support
Sound Like You?
Contact Jonathan Richards, your Psychiatry Recruitment Specialist to find out more about this role and all it has to offer.
About Jonathan Richards
“I have 15+ years’ experience connecting Psychiatrists with the best job opportunities across Australia. It is my passion and privilege to ensure you are being provided with the best recruitment services available”.Enquire now