Consultant/Specialist ICU - Tasmania, TAS
Salary Type: Salary Package up to $450,000
We are seeking a dedicated ICU Consultant/Specialist to join an energetic, forward-thinking team!!
The Hospital has a purpose-built Intensive Care Unit (ICU) with 11 fully staffed beds (expandable to 13), this is a major referral centre for the region.
The Unit is accredited as a general training unit (C12 pre-2014) by CICM and for completion of the ICU requirement of training for both ACEM and ANZCA trainees.
You will be joining an exceptional ICU team supporting a regional community!!
The successful applicant will become part of the 5 ICU Consultant team, providing high level inpatient and outreach critical care for patients. The successful applicant will be participating in the education and training of ICU trainees, junior doctors, medical students, and ICU nursing staff.
The ICU is a level III, 12 bed mixed medical and surgical adult ICU, with the capacity to admit critically ill children. They have a strong education and training focus with CICM accreditation, an echo teaching program including TOE, and an active research program.
Part time position for a 12 month contract – working 34.2 hours per fortnight
This is a remarkably place – offering an inspiring and vibrant lifestyle, in a welcoming community. Balancing work, family life and recreation are easier in small cities with affordable housing, great schools, and short commute times.
The city offers a ‘climate for living’ away from the gridlock of city congestion with the ambiance of a cosmopolitan city. The freshest air, the healthiest climate and the wildest places are on the city’s doorstep.
Recently voted Australia’s most family friendly city, low cost of living, great food and sporting amenities and an amazing bang for your dollar in the property sector.
ONLY a 1hour flight from Melbourne
- Forward thinking ICU with enthusiastic and collegiate team.
- High acuity, interesting trauma, mix of rural/regional & inner-city presentations.
- Affordable living and work/life balance
- Provision of a fully maintained private plated motor vehicle
- Motor vehicle allowance of $24,346 per annum
- Communication allowance of $1903 per annum
- Continuing Professional Development Allowance of $24,355 per annum
- Ability to Salary Package
- Demonstrated ability to provide inpatient and outpatient care at a tertiary referral teaching hospital standard.
- Qualification from an advanced Echocardiography degree/diploma with ability to perform transesophageal echocardiography is an advantage
- An interest in provision of parenteral nutrition to support outpatient and inpatient parenteral nutrition services.
- Paediatric Intensive Care Experience
- Ability to support a broad scope of vascular access procedures including semi-permanent tunnelled vascular access in an operating theatre environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a multidisciplinary team of medical, nursing and health professional staff.
- Demonstrated capacity for undergraduate and post-graduate teaching.
- Demonstrated ability to support, undertake and manage research activities.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and maintain good interpersonal relationships in dealing with patients, their relatives and professional colleagues.
- Knowledge of continuous quality improvement activities relevant to practice within the clinical discipline.
- Evidence of ongoing participation and commitment to continuing medical education.
- Demonstrated ability to function in an administrative capacity within a Hospital Department
How do I Apply?
Please forward your resume to Nicki Wade at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about this and other opportunities and a confidential discussion please contact Nicki Wade on:0401010048.