Senior Registrar/Registrar Emergency Medicine - Queensland, QLD
Salary Type: Earn up to $167,000 in a tropical location…………
We are looking for Principal House Officers and/or Registrars to join the Department of Emergency Medicine. The Hospital Emergency Department has two resus bays, three high dependency bays, 20 consult rooms, a Short Stay Unit and Fast Track area with three consult rooms.
Earn up to $167,000 in a tropical location…………
- Provide medical care under the supervision and direction of senior medical staff.
- Document relevant clinical information and in-patient charts accurately, concisely and legibly. Ensure discharge summaries and other correspondence are completed with minimum delay and that all such correspondence is complete prior to leaving the unit.
- Conduct interviews, examinations and the identification of clinical problems including day-to-day review of patients.
- Arrange investigations, surgical treatment, medical treatment and discharge as directed by the assigned consultant.
- Provide assistance with surgical procedures and outpatient clinics as directed by the Consultant to whom assigned.
- Provide support for junior and senior medical staff as required.
- Assist with case presentations at teaching meetings where necessary.
- Participate in clinical meetings undertaken within the appropriate clinical unit.
- Participate in after-hours shift roster as required by the Clinical Director, Department of Emergency Medicine.
- Participate in continual professional development and medical education.
The redeveloped hospital is equipped with leading edge technology to assist staff to provide the highest level of care and comfort to our patients. The hospital provides specialist services in obstetrics, gynaecology, paediatrics, orthopaedics, psychiatry, urology and oncology and many other specialty areas.
This is a city in Queensland, on Australia’s east coast. The region is home to a diverse and vibrant community with rural and coastal living opportunities in 30 townships, small rural settlements, and rural residential areas.
The region stretches from secluded islands off the coast through golden sand beaches and into lush sub-tropical rain forests.
This is one of the fastest growing regions in Queensland, currently a population of approximately 182,000 people in the region. Only an hour’s flight from Brisbane, this region boasts an enviable lifestyle and a buoyant economy with the benefits of a fast-growing coastal city. Its coastal location is complemented by its spectacular natural environment.
This includes 31 beautiful beaches, a picturesque blue river, and a pristine rain forest hinterland.
Excellent education opportunities, this includes two universities, 3 state high schools and over 17 private schools to choose from.
This coastal location is an hour and 20 minutes flight from Brisbane and two hours’ drive from the spectacular landscape of the Whitsundays.
- AHPRA – registration
- Suitable Emergency Medicine experience to work at the level of a Registrar/Senior Registrar in Emergency Medicine.
How do I Apply?
Please forward your resume and cover letter to Nicki Wade at email@example.com.
For more information about this and other opportunities and a confidential discussion please contact Nicki Wade on 0401010048