Consultant Anaesthetist - Queensland, QLD
Salary Type: Total remuneration value of up to $514,452 (L27)
We are looking for a Consultant Anaesthetist to join a dedicated team in a sunny regional coastal setting.
You will assist the Clinical Director in the provision of high-quality Anaesthetics services, working in a “state of the art” hospital!
One of the top reasons people love to live in here is the tropical climate. Summers consist of hot balmy days with cooling evening rain, while the remainder of the year provides invariably blue skies and sunshine.
A Staff Specialist is responsible for assisting the Director in:
- Provision of high-quality clinical services as part of the Unit/Department.
- Education of medical staff and students, Allied Health, interested community groups and nursing staff.
- Active participation in patient safety, audit, research, and service planning activities.
The department currently provides anaesthesia for orthopaedic, trauma, general, gynaecological, obstetric, paediatric, ENT, dental, ECT and endoscopic procedures. We also provide a pre-assessment clinic, an acute pain service and obstetric epidural service. We support the trauma and cardiac arrest teams.
The department is an accredited training facility and thus you will be required to supervise Principal House Officers, Junior House Officers and Interns, Registrars and Provisional Fellows.
Total remuneration value of up to $514,452 (L27) is comprised of:
- Other Benefits Include:
- 12.75% employer superannuation contribution
- 17.5% leave loading is paid for 4 weeks leave
- Generous Salary Sacrificing (conditions apply)
- Professional Development Leave 3.6 weeks p.a.
- Professional Development Allowance ($21,500 p.a.)
- Motor Vehicle Allowance
- Over-time and on-call allowances
- Attraction and Retention Incentive Allowance (Granted Private Practice arrangements)
- Access to paid parental leave (conditions apply)
- Our Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Corporate membership discounts
- Access to the Fitness Passport (conditions apply)
The Anaesthetic department is an accredited training facility and currently employs 8 full time and additional part-time Anaesthetic Staff Specialists. This is an established teaching facility with 5 ANZCA trainee positions and 3 JCCA trainee positions.
Surgical division consists of 7 theatres, 14 recovery bays and a pre-theatre holding bay. The department currently provides anaesthesia for orthopaedics, trauma, general, gynaecological, obstetric, paediatric, ENT, dental, ECT and endoscopic procedures.
This “state of the art” Hospital is equipped with leading edge technology to assist staff to provide the highest level of care and comfort to the patients. The hospital provides specialist services in obstetrics, gynaecology, paediatrics, orthopaedics, psychiatry, urology and oncology and many other specialty areas.
This is a city in Queensland, on Australia’s east coast. The region is home to a diverse and vibrant community with rural and coastal living opportunities in 30 townships, small rural settlements, and rural residential areas.
Investment opportunities provide many attractive possibilities in the Region, land and properties are a fraction of the cost to buy or rent, in comparison to larger capital cities, yet the surrounding area provides a better lifestyle. Less stress, less commuting time to work and less congestion in recreational areas.
There is an abundance of education providers in the Region, with excellent academic and extracurricular opportunities from Prep to High School. A great university with many young adults opting to stay in the region to further their education.
This is one of the fastest growing regions in Queensland, currently a population of approximately 182,000 people in the region. Only an hour’s flight from Brisbane, this region boasts an enviable lifestyle and a buoyant economy with the benefits of a fast-growing coastal city. Its coastal location is complemented by its spectacular natural environment.
One of the top reasons people love to live in here is the tropical climate. Summers consist of hot balmy days with cooling evening rain, while the remainder of the year provides invariably blue skies and sunshine. The region stretches from secluded islands off the coast through golden sand beaches and into lush sub-tropical rainforests. This includes 31 beautiful beaches, a picturesque blue river and a pristine rainforest hinterland.
Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetics (FANZCA) or assessment by ANZCA, as being substantially comparable to FANZCA.
- Demonstrated recent ability to provide anaesthesia for a broad range of surgical specialities including emergency and paediatric cases.
- Demonstrated ability to function as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Proven ability in anaesthetics and patient care as deemed by the College.
- Extensive experience and ability to deliver high-quality patient care services.
- Understanding of and high-level ability to apply contemporary leadership principles to develop and maintain an effective and motivated team.
- High-level ability to identify and resolve issues using an innovative approach where appropriate.
- Well-developed ability to build and maintain appropriate relationships with team members, clients, and stakeholders.
How do I Apply?
Please forward your resume and cover letter to Nicki Wade at email@example.com.
For more information about this and other opportunities and a confidential discussion please contact Nicki Wade on 0401010048