Consultant Paediatrician - Sydney, NSW
Salary Type: Salary Packaging with many options that provide full fringe benefits tax concessions
Applications are invited for suitably experienced community Senior Consultant/Consultant Paediatricians to take on a new challenge.
- City living without the traffic
- Competitive pay rates and excellent working conditions within a tertiary hospital.
- Salary Packaging with many options that provide full fringe benefits tax concessions.
- Flexible working conditions.
- 11.5% Superannuation.
- VISA/Sponsorship for eligible candidates.
- Reimbursement of relocation expenses for interstate candidates (subject to review and approval).
The Division of Women, Youth and Children (WYC) provides a broad range of primary, secondary and tertiary healthcare services. Service provision is based on a family-centred, interdisciplinary approach to care, in partnership with consumers and other service providers.
Women, Youth and Children Community Health Programs delivers a range of health care community-based services to women, children, young people and families. These services include support, education and information; counselling, assessment and screening; early identification and referral; and the delivery of public health programs. We are seeking a consultant to join the Paediatric Forensic Medical Service to provide medical services for children and young people.
Developmental Paediatric and Child Protection Medical Service
The Enhanced Health Services (EHS) includes the Early Family Support Service (EFSS), Enhanced Child Health Service (ECHS), Developmental Paediatric and Child Protection Medical Service (DPCPMS), and Women’s Health Service (WHS).
Specialist medical services for children and young people within the EHS are provided through the Developmental Paediatric and Child Protection Medical Service (DPCPMS). The teamwork with an understanding of the impact of Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) on the physical, emotional, and social development of children and young people and collaborate with others across the Enhanced Health Services to provide holistic care.
This team provides medical services for children and adolescents requiring assessment, treatment or review relating to suspected or established developmental delay or disability, and behavioural or emotional disturbance. They also receive referrals from ACT and NSW child protection services and police, NSW Southern Tablelands Network Violence Abuse and Neglect, and from other health professionals within CHS for children and young people who have experienced or are suspected of experiencing physical abuse, sexual abuse, or neglect. The team provide forensic and medical assessment for these children and young people including urgent medical assessments outside normal business hours.
Under limited direction of the Medical Unit Lead, you will:
- Work collaboratively as a member of the Developmental Paediatric and Child Protection Medical Service, collaborate with Nursing, Medical and Allied Health professionals across the Enhanced Health Services, and with external agencies and health care professionals, to facilitate comprehensive care and interventions for children and young people with a background of trauma and complex health needs.
- Prepare medical reports and actively participate in clinical consultations, collaborative multi-disciplinary assessments, and team meetings to ensure the provision of safe, holistic care.
- Provide leadership, in the supervision of Community Paediatric Registrars, in the delivery of training and education for stakeholders on child protection medical assessments and in the DPCPMS teaching and research programs, including taking a leadership role as an expert in student teaching in the Medical School.
- Contribute to a positive workplace culture by building collegial professional relationships and demonstrating a commitment to proactively seeking solutions when issues arise.
- Model an exemplary level of professional and ethical standards in clinical interventions and provide leadership to uphold the National Quality and Safety Health Care Standards and promote a commitment to high quality customer service principles, practices, and attributes, including through participation in evaluation and quality improvement programs.
- Undertake other duties appropriate to this level of classification which contribute to the operation of the organisation.
The Hospital is a modern 600+ bed tertiary trauma and referral hospital providing services to a population of 500,000. The hospital provides services in all specialties except major burns, spinal injuries and solid organ transplantation. There are accredited training programs in all major specialties.
This city is extremely clean, tidy, efficient, safe and low crime compared to just about any other city. Very “outdoor” and “environmentally” focused and truly unique in that you have this CBD with excellent work opportunities literally set amongst stunning bush land that is always only a 5 min walk away from anywhere. If you love bushwalking, cycling, exploring, being active etc then it’s a win win.
The climate is favourable – having four seasons is a treat – and the air is fresh, only two hours from the beach, two hours to the snow and a little longer drive for those big city experiences. Direct International flights operating from the local airport, making travelling abroad easy too.
The road network and lack of traffic is just awesome, it’s a pleasure to drive around, you arrive relaxed, calm and not feeling rushed at your destination.
An amazing network of well educated, broad thinking professionals from the universities and local business. There is a thriving start-up and entrepreneurial culture now and many highly successful businesses have been born out of this city because the whole ecosystem and all the support from the Uni’s and government is located right here. The city is full of innovative thinkers.
Awesome restaurant and cafe culture, you have a wonderful array of choice, the city has more restaurants per capita than any other Australian city…
- Be registered or be eligible for registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP) or equivalent high specialist qualifications
- Sub speciality in General Paediatrics and/or Community Child Health and qualifications and/or experience in forensic medicine (desirable).
- The successful applicant will need to be available for weekend and after-hours work.
- The hospital is leading the drive to digitally transform health service delivery in Australia through the implementation of a territory wide Digital Health Record. Computer literacy skills are required which are relevant to this role as you will be responsible for completing required documentation and becoming a proficient user of the Digital Health Record and/or other Information Technology systems; once proficient, you will need to remain current with changes, updates and contingencies.
- Proven experience in the fields of developmental paediatrics, behavioural paediatrics and child protection.
- Demonstrated high level of communication and interpersonal skills, including an ability to provide mentorship, work as a team member in a multidisciplinary environment, and liaise within the health system and with external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability and active commitment to undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and the supervision of paediatric registrars and an ability to work collaboratively with nursing and allied health professionals to deliver holistic patient care
- Demonstrated knowledge of current developments and practices in the field of Paediatrics, child development and behaviour with the ability to apply these to research, training professional development and quality improvement activities.
- Demonstrates understanding of, and adherence to, safety and quality standards, work, health and safety (WH&S) and the positive patient experience. Displays behaviour consistent with CHS’s values of reliable, progressive, respectful and kind.
Great friendly, supportive working environment
Large Teaching Hospital
How to Apply:
Please forward your resume to Nicki Wade at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information and a confidential discussion please contact Nicki on 0401010048.