Consultant Paediatrician - Victoria, VIC
Salary Type: Salary Package up to $380,000
We are seeking a Consultant Paediatrician to join a friendly regional Hospital, ONLY 200km’s away from MELBOURNE! An opportunity to work in a high capability rural health service providing safe quality care to patients in a broad catchment population of over 85,000 people.
IMG’s who have been assessed as substantially comparable can be supported for peer review.
20 minutes to the beach
1 hour to ski slopes
2.5 hours to Melbourne
Acute services include- an Operating Suite, Emergency Department, Critical Care Unit, Obstetrics, Level 2 Nursery and Paediatric services) with some acute beds located at other sites.
The health service provides a sub regional paediatric service that includes a 24-hour inpatient and emergency department service, maternal and child health inpatient facility that includes a case-by-parent room and a Level 2 nursery. There are approximately 520 births, 400 general paediatric admissions and 165 Level 2 nursery admissions per annum. The paediatric service has an approved establishment of 3 specialist paediatricians and 1 RMO. The service operates a community paediatrics clinic 5 days per week and outreach services.
Some of the most diverse natural landscapes in the world. From snow-capped mountains, rolling green hills and temperate rain forest to white beaches, winding waterways and rugged coastlines, The Region is a wonderland for nature lovers, walk under giant ferns in ancient rain forests, stand under magnificent waterfalls, and look out over the ocean from wind-swept beaches and cliff tops.
Walk along the endless expanse Beach, cruise around the Lakes, the largest and most beautiful network of inland waterways in Australia.
Skills & Qualifications required:
- Eligible for registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (FRACP) or other
- postgraduate clinical training, qualifications and experience in Paediatrics
- assessed by the College as suitable for this position.
- Demonstrate high level experience in delivery of Paediatric Medicine
- Proven leadership skills
- A generous remuneration package including salary packaging and relocation support is available to the right person.
- Opportunities for education, research, and staff training
- Assistance with relocation expenses to the successful applicant
How do I Apply:
Please forward your resume to Nicki Wade at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about this and other opportunities and a confidential discussion please contact Nicki Wade on 0401010048