Consultant Psychiatrist - Rehabilitation - North Queensland - Townsville, QLD
Salary Type: $350,000 - $500,000 p.a. + generous relocation allowance
What’s on offer…
- A package of $350,000 – $500,000 p.a. + generous relocation allowance
- 40-hour working week, ideal for work/life balance
- Large supportive tertiary health service offering excellent career development opportunities
- Sub-tropical, laid-back lifestyle with sunshine most days of the year
- Vibrant urban city with easy access to beautiful natural attractions including The Great Barrier Reef and Magnetic Island, swimming lagoons, beach areas, foreshore walks and hiking trails
- Close to thriving metropolitan facilities including shopping precincts, entertainment and sporting venues, a fascinating military museum, water park, and a stunning coral reef aquarium
- Excellent private and state-run schools for your child’s education
- Permanent residency support
About the role…
This psychiatry position will see you joining a large public health service with responsibility for delivering a comprehensive range of medical, surgical and specialist services to over 250,000 people living across a geographical area of approximately 150,000km².
As the successful applicant, you will be working within a secure mental health unit in a large referral hospital, delivering high quality care to individuals with complex rehabilitation needs who require treatment in a secure environment due to their risks or vulnerabilities. You will be working in a collaborative multidisciplinary team setting, within a supportive framework of peer and operational supports. The unit’s multidisciplinary team includes a psychiatry registrar/principal house officer and a resident medical officer.
Whilst working in this role, opportunities to be involved in academic and research activities will be available to you through the hospital’s extensive involvement in trial and research activities and close links with James Cook University’s schools of medicine.
Relocating to Australia? What support we can offer you…
- Forget Government Job Boards – We know our hospitals. We provide you with exclusive Psychiatrist job vacancies and direct link-ups with Mental Health Dept. Directors
- Our recruitment service is FREE and personalised to your career and location requirements
- Psychiatrist Peer to Peer Group Support with the RANZCP Specialist Assessment and Medical Board Applications
- All Job applications prepared and submitted by our recruitment team.
- Support with enrolling your children into leading performing private or state schools
- Registered Migration Agent advice and support
Sound Like You?
Contact Jonathan Richards, your Psychiatry Recruitment Specialist to find out more about this role and all it has to offer.
About Jonathan Richards
“I have 15+ years’ experience connecting Psychiatrists with the best job opportunities across Australia. It is my passion and privilege to ensure you are being provided with the best recruitment services available.”Enquire now