Registrar Obs and Gynae - Hobart, TAS
Salary Type: Salary: $131,000 - $183,500 per annum
We are seeking a motivated and experienced Obs and Gynae Registrar who is looking for a laid back, affordable lifestyle – Life in Tasmania provides a quality work/life balance.
Salary: $131,000 – $183,500 per annum. Our 11% Employer superannuation contribution is on top of this amount.
You’ll have access to salary package a range of benefits including living expenses up to $9,010 + $2,650 in meal entertainment each FBT year + other benefits if eligible
- Beautiful coastlines and world class beaches, rugged mountains, highland lakes, and extensive heritage listed wilderness.
- It is a great place to raise a family with excellent education options, affordable real estate, and plenty of activities to keep the whole family entertained.
- Tasmania is a real treasure, and this opportunity combines both professional and personal satisfaction!
- Dynamic team environment
- Affordable housing
The maternity unit, housing the birthing suite and all inpatient maternity patients for the region, is located at one Hospital, with antenatal and postnatal services offered at both sites. There are approximately 1000 births annually and staffing includes experienced midwives. High risk births are managed in conjunction with the other Hospital’s in the State, supported by the local endocrinology and diabetic teams.
The unit is supported by a Level 4 Neonatal Unit and an 8 bed Level 4 Intensive Care Unit. The outreach services are located at picturesque regional centres.
You will be working in an innovative and dynamic organisation dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of the community.
The health service serves a population of over 160,000 and faces several challenges with high levels of chronic disease and an ageing population. The health service works in close partnership with general practice and other health and social care providers throughout the region.
Located in a beautiful seaport city – Enjoy four distinct seasons, the surrounding oceans give Tasmania a moderate climate without the scorching heat of many parts of Australia or the ‘deep freeze’ winters that affect Northern Hemisphere countries at similar latitudes.
Tasmania has a wide variety of activities and attractions including Camping, Fishing, Gardening, Golf, Wildlife Watching, Walking and Trekking, 4WD Adventures, Diving, Cycling, Kayaking and Canoeing, Surfing, White-water Rafting and Surf Lifesaving.
“Wonderful lifestyle opportunities in this beautiful location”.
Skills & Qualifications required:
- General or limited registration with the Medical Board of Australia
- Current Working with Children Registration
- Flexible work/life
- Competitive remuneration – Negotiable with years of service plus allowances
- Dynamic Team environment
- Affordable housing
- Demonstrated understanding of “Good Medical Practice – A Code of Conduct for Doctors in Australia”.
- Demonstrated commitment to medicine, including rural and regional medicine in Tasmania.
- Knowledge of recent advances in medicine including current drugs and technology.
- Demonstrated understanding of Infection Control principles.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills with patients, their family/carers, medical colleagues and other health professionals.
How do I Apply?
Please forward your resume to Nicki Wade at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Nicki on +61 401010048