Senior Registrar Paediatrics - Sydney, NSW
Salary Type: Salary up to $176,000
Applications are sought for Advanced Trainee Registrar positions in Paediatrics and Child Health to work in a large teaching Hospital.
The Paediatric Unit can cater for up to 50 inpatients (High Care, Medical, Adolescent and Surgical) and a busy 15 bed out-patient department, it has an active medical and surgical day stay and clinical investigation unit, and a busy and growing outpatient department. There is a tertiary accredited Level 5 NICU.
The Department of Paediatrics provides general paediatric services to approximately 450 in-patients and 1000 out-patients each month. The Department is staffed by 6.6 Staff Specialists (3.6 General Paediatrics, 2 Endocrinology, 1 Gastroenterology/General Paediatrics), 3 VMOs, a general paediatric clinical fellow, 8 registrars and 8 residents.
The hospital also offers sub-specialty paediatric care in areas of Paediatric Respiratory Medicine, Paediatric Nephrology, Paediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes. The Outpatient department includes a range of multidisciplinary clinics and is actively supported by staff specialists and visiting consultants and from Paediatric tertiary hospitals in Sydney.
There is a Paediatric Surgical Unit that performs a wide range of paediatric and neonatal surgery and is an accredited paediatric surgical training centre. The emergency department for the Hospital sees over 18,000 paediatric presentations per year.
The outpatient department gives trainees broad exposure to a range of general and subspecialty paediatrics, including paediatric endocrinology and respiratory and sleep medicine. Visiting subspecialists conduct clinics allowing for exposure to a broad range of other paediatric subspecialties including oncology/haematology, neurology, and cardiology. The department also provides an innovative teaching program for students from the National University Medical School.
Salary up to $176,000
The Hospital is a modern 600+ bed tertiary trauma and referral hospital providing services to a population of 500,000. The hospital provides services in all specialties except major burns, spinal injuries and solid organ transplantation. There are accredited training programs in all major specialties.
This City is extremely clean, tidy, efficient, safe and low crime compared to just about any other city. Very “outdoor” and “environmentally” focused and truly unique in that you have this CBD with excellent work opportunities literally set amongst stunning bush land that is always only a 5 min walk away from anywhere. If you love bushwalking, cycling, exploring, being active etc then it’s a win win.
The climate is favourable – having four seasons is a treat – and the air is fresh, only two hours from the beach, two hours to the snow and a little longer drive for those big city experiences. Direct International flights operating from the local airport, making travelling abroad easy too.
The road network and lack of traffic is just awesome, it’s a pleasure to drive around, you arrive relaxed, calm and not feeling rushed at your destination.
An amazing network of well-educated broad thinking professionals from the universities and local business.
There is a thriving start-up and entrepreneurial culture now and many highly successful businesses have been born out of this City because the whole ecosystem and all the support from the Uni’s and government is located right here. The city is full of innovative thinkers.
Awesome restaurant and cafe culture, you have a wonderful array of choice, the city has more restaurants per capita than any other Australian city…
Skills & Qualifications Required:
- Proven commitment to advanced clinical abilities and commitment in Paediatrics.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to liaise effectively with other health professionals.
- Demonstrated capacity to work as part of a multidisciplinary team, whilst providing leadership in clinical care, systems management and participating in the mandatory requirements of medical officers within the division.
- Proven commitment to the maintenance and further development of skills applicable to the area of specialisation, including involvement in further education, professional development and quality assurance activities.
- Completion of the written and clinical FRACP examinations
- The successful applicant will need to be available for occasional regular weekend and after-hours work.
You must demonstrate:
- Highly developed leadership and interpersonal skills
- Extensive experience in General Paediatrics
- Experience and commitment to clinical teaching
- Experience and commitment to quality improvement
- Great friendly, supportive working environment
- City Location
- Large Teaching Hospital
How to Apply:
Please forward your resume to Nicki Wade at email@example.com.
For more information and a confidential discussion please contact Nicki on: 02 6674 5955 or 0401010048