Clinical Director Emergency Medicine - Brisbane, QLD
Salary Type: Remuneration package value up to $554,567 p.a
We are looking for experienced and dedicated Senior Emergency Medicine Specialist to take on the Clinical Director role, an opportunity to work and live in one of the most beautiful regions of Queensland.
The Emergency Medicine Department has 3 resus beds, 11 acute beds, 6 isolation beds, plus 9 beds for short stay. There are 20 consultants who are well supported by junior doctors, 11 doctors are on shift during the day (this includes Consultants, Registrars, PHO’s and RMO’s) and 4 at night.
Enjoy a short, traffic-free commute to work and free parking on and nearby hospital grounds!! Start your day with a peaceful stroll along the beach, enjoying the fresh ocean air!!
Eligible Applicants who move to Queensland from an interstate or international jurisdiction to take up permanent employment may receive up to $20,000 incentive payments under the Queensland Health Workforce Attraction Scheme
You will receive a competitive remuneration package value up to $554,567 p.a., comprising salary between $204,206 – $258,910 p.a., clinical managers allowance, motor vehicle allowance, professional development allowance, professional development leave 3.6 weeks p.a., professional indemnity cover and private practice arrangements.? Overtime and on-call allowances will be negotiated with the successful applicant upon appointment. Superannuation (up to 12.75%) and annual leave loading (17.5%) will be applied additionally to the total remuneration value.
- The Clinical Director Emergency Medicine will lead the department and provide high quality clinical services within the Department of Emergency Medicine.
- As part of the appointment the appointee will be expected to be involved in undergraduate and post graduate teaching and research as appropriate.
- The Clinical Director Emergency Medicine will develop and implement the practice of continuous quality improvement and total quality management at management and patient levels. The incumbent will develop appropriate quality activities and clinical audits.
- The Clinical Director will work collaboratively with Nurse Unit Manager, Department of Emergency Medicine and the Nurse Director of Critical Care to promote efficient use of emergency.
- The Director will work with senior staff including the Director of Medical Services to implement contemporary models of care delivery and staffing models to ensure best value and safe care is achieved through innovation and patient-centred care.
Are you the right person for the job?
The ideal applicant will be someone who can demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrated ability to provide strategic and clinical leadership to the Emergency Department
- Demonstrated knowledge in contemporary clinical and technical expertise in medical service provision in a large hospital environment and a willingness to teach others, including interns, junior medical officers and undergraduate medical students, nursing and allied health staff.
- High level verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work and liaise with junior and senior medical staff, and other health professionals.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing professional education and development, including maintenance of personal knowledge and skills.
- Commitment to the principals of quality improvement, patient safety and clinical governance
The Hospital has 247 beds and has recently undergone a multimillion-dollar redevelopment to become a modern Hospital that provides high quality care within an environment of continuous improvement.
Services available at the Hospital include 5 intensive care beds, coronary care, obstetrics and gynaecology, paediatrics, general, orthopaedic and vascular surgery, 24-hour emergency medicine, renal dialysis unit, a level 2 special-care nursery of neonates and a comprehensive Integrated Mental Health Service.
The city is located only a 4hours away from Queensland’s capital Brisbane and is known at the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef. With direct flight’s daily to Brisbane & Sydney, the region is very accessible, enjoy a mild sub-tropical climate.
Situated at the hub of the Coral Coast, a dreamy stretch of white beaches, national parks and relaxed coastal towns, a picturesque, modern, and progressive city that has a reputation for its friendliness of its locals. The city is home to over 50, 000 residents supporting a regional population of over 100 000, combining a mixture of city facilities, services, hospitality, and lifestyle, with a superb location and affordable living. An easy-going lifestyle along and with its subtropical climate makes it a very attractive location any time of year.
What’s on offer:
- Cmpetitive remuneration packages
- Generous superannuation and annual leave loading
- Fantastic salary sacrifice benefits
- Flexible rostering arrangements, variety and work/life balance
- Lower cost of living and affordable housing and rental market
Qualifications/Professional registration/Other requirements
- Fellowship of The Australasian College of Emergency Medicine (FACEM) is preferred, as recognised by the Australian Medical Council, including maintenance of CPD and good standing as required by AHPRA for the maintenance of Specialist Registration.
- Specialist Registrants will be preferred in all positions; however non-specialists or overseas trained specialists may be considered where appropriate and significant progression towards fellowship can be demonstrated. Applicants who have completed specialist qualifications but are yet to be registered as a specialist are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
Please forward your resume and cover letter to Nicki Wade at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nicki Wade on 0401010048