Consultant Rheumatology - Australian Capital Territory, ACT
Salary Type: Salary Packaging with many options that provide full fringe benefits tax concessions.
We are seeking a suitably experienced Consultant Rheumatologist to join a dedicated team in a city location, an opportunity to work in a billion-dollar hospital!!
Generous salary packaging benefits, ongoing professional development, and supportive team environment.
- City living without the traffic.
- Competitive pay rates and excellent working conditions within a tertiary hospital.
- Salary Packaging with many options that provide full fringe benefits tax concessions.
- Flexible working conditions.
- 11.5% Superannuation.
- VISA/Sponsorship for eligible candidates.
- Reimbursement of relocation expenses for interstate candidates (subject to review and approval).
The Rheumatology unit provides a clinical service to patients from the Australian Capital Territory and surrounding regional NSW. It will have up to 10 inpatients and receive about 1300 new outpatient referrals each year in addition to providing a consultative service and providing a timely and efficient clinical service being a key priority. Applicants must have had training in and current and ongoing relevant clinical experience in Rheumatology. The successful applicant will work in a multidisciplinary clinical environment with a team of nursing, administrative and medical staff, including trainees in Rheumatology. Participation in unit clinical governance and quality assurance activities and the comprehensive clinical service for Rheumatology is expected.
- Provide a comprehensive Rheumatology inpatient and outpatient service delivery (both on and offsite) and provide an on call and consultative service as required; and commit to supporting the division of medicine internal medicine on call roster as maybe required to support patient care closer to home.
- Fulfil and maintain annual RACP and ARA Continuing Professional Development activities; meet and maintain the necessary standards of ongoing and safe professional clinical practice, AHPRA regulatory standards and complete performance appraisal requirements with unit director of Rheumatology as required.
- Actively contribute to clinical governance and quality assurance activities in the Rheumatology unit; and undertake clinical audits, support morbidity and mortality reviews, clinical pathway development and other quality assurance activities with a commitment to best clinical practice as maybe required by the unit and director.
- Contribute to unit lead education, research and teaching activities and commit to teaching, supervising, mentoring and training of Rheumatology trainees, Junior Medical Officers, other relevant hospital clinical staff and community-based health practitioners as required by unit director; And as part of these responsibilities attend and contribute to hospital and unit handover and other relevant meetings as required.
- Undertaking other duties as directed, within the approved scope of clinical practice ensuring the delivery of high-quality person and family centred, safe and high-quality patient care.
This is a significant milestone as the ACT Government moves towards delivering a new billion-dollar hospital!!
Competitive pay rates and excellent working conditions within a tertiary hospital
Literally set amongst stunning bush land that is always only a 5 min walk away from anywhere. If you love bushwalking, cycling, exploring, being active etc then it’s a win win.
The climate is favourable – having four seasons is a treat – and the air is fresh, only two hours from the beach, two hours to the snow and a little longer drive for those big city experiences. Direct International flights operating from the local airport, making travelling abroad easy too.
The road network and lack of traffic is just awesome, it’s a pleasure to drive around, you arrive relaxed, calm, and not feeling rushed at your destination.
An amazing network of well-educated broad thinking professionals from the universities and local business. There is a thriving start-up and entrepreneurial culture now and many highly successful businesses have been born out of this City because the whole ecosystem and all the support from the Uni’s and government is located right here. The city is full of innovative thinkers.
Awesome restaurant and cafe culture, you have a wonderful array of choice, the city has more restaurants per capita than any other Australian city…
Skills & Qualifications Required:
- Be registered or be eligible for registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Hold a Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Physicians (FRACP) or an equivalent higher specialist qualification
- The successful applicant will need the ability to participate in the shared general medicine On-Call Physician Roster.
- Skills in the clinical supervision, teaching and professional development at all levels, including medical, nursing, and allied health professional staff, both postgraduate and undergraduate.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including effective negotiation and conflict resolution, and an ability to liaise effectively at all levels of work, and interact as part of a diverse multidisciplinary team.
- The Hospital is leading the drive to digitally transform health service delivery in Australia through the implementation of a territory wide Digital Health Record. Computer literacy skills are required which are relevant to this role as you will be responsible for completing required documentation and becoming a proficient user of the Digital Health Record and/or other Information Technology systems; once proficient, you will need to remain current with changes, updates and contingencies.
- City Location
- Teaching Hospital
- Negotiable salary package
- Relocation allowance
How to Apply:
Please forward your resume to Nicki Wade at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information and a confidential discussion please contact Nicki on:0401010048.