Senior Registrar/Registrar Emergency Medicine - Tasmania, TAS
Salary Type: $97,946 - $138,593 per annum, pro rata + 11% superannuation + access to salary packaging
An opportunity for Emergency Medicine Registrars/Senior Registrars to join an energetic, forward-thinking team in a department full of broad clinical experiences.
The Emergency Department (ED) is a well-equipped, 43 bed unit that opened in 2012. It has an annual attendance of 44,000, a 35-40% admission rate, a catchment area of approximately 150 000. As a referral hospital, you are exposed to high acuity and diverse clinical experiences.
You will have the opportunity to learn from a dynamic group of specialists and be supported with a mentor along the way.
The ED has ACEM (Australasian College for Emergency Medicine) accreditation for 12 months of Emergency Training, including paediatric logbook accreditation and runs a successful primary and fellowship exam preparation program, with 2 consultants on the ACEM Board of Examiners.
There are opportunities for advanced trainees to complete accredited rotations including 6 months Anaesthetics, Intensive Care/Retrieval, General Medicine, Paediatrics, Psychiatry, Rural GP and Palliative Care (including the option of completing a palliative care diploma). The FACEM group run a mentoring program and have diverse interests including international EM, Ultrasound, Retrieval, Paediatrics, Wellness and Medical Leadership.
The department is also accredited by the Australasian College of Rural and Remote Medicine for ED advanced skills placements within the FACCRM qualification, and offers the ACEM EMC and EMD qualifications, having 5 accredited supervisors.
The Emergency Department receives all types of patients including major trauma, with an onsite helipad. The hospital has all major specialties, including a fully supported ICU with ECMO capability and 24-hour cardiac interventional angiography.
You will be joining an exceptional Emergency Medicine team supporting a regional community!!
$97,946 – $138,593 per annum, pro rata + 11% superannuation + access to salary packaging
You’ll have access to salary package a range of benefits including living expenses up to $9,010 + $2,650 in meal entertainment each FBT year
This is a remarkable place – offering an inspiring and vibrant lifestyle, in a welcoming community. Balancing work, family life and recreation are easier in small cities with affordable housing, great schools, and short commute times.
The city offers a ‘climate for living’ away from the gridlock of city congestion with the ambiance of a cosmopolitan city. The freshest air, the healthiest climate and the wildest places are on the city’s doorstep. Pristine beaches that aren’t crowed!!
Do you want to be surrounded by gorgeous historic cityscapes, stunning natural beauty, and fantastic food and wine, in a city recently named a UNESCO City of Gastronomy and Wotif’s 2022 Aussie Town of the Year?
Do you want to spend your days off exploring vineyards, markets and orchards, relaxing on pristine empty beaches, or conquering world-class mountain bike and hiking trails, kayaking and even our own ski resort, all within an hour’s drive?
Recently voted Australia’s most family friendly city, low cost of living, great food and sporting amenities and an amazing bang for your dollar in the property sector.
Skills & Qualifications required:
- Sound knowledge of current practice in Emergency Medicine in Australia, and some understanding of regional emergency medicine.
- Demonstrated ability to provide services to emergency patients, including acute resuscitation services to the critically ill.
- Recent experience in acute hospital settings.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team of medical, nursing, allied health and support staff.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills towards patients, relatives and professional colleagues.
- Knowledge of continuous quality improvement activities relevant to practice within the clinical discipline.
- Evidence of ongoing participation and commitment to continuing professional development and medical education.
AHPRA – General or Limited registration
- Forward thinking ED with enthusiastic and collegiate team
- High acuity, interesting trauma, mix of rural/regional & inner-city presentations
- Affordable living and work/life balance
- Attractive Salary Package
- Flexible work/life balance
- Dynamic team environment
How do I Apply?
Please forward your resume to Nicki Wade at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about this and other opportunities and a confidential discussion please contact Nicki Wade on:0401010048.